Advice and Support
Advice and support for children, young people and their families
There are a range of local and national services offering advice and support to children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities, their parents and carers and wider families. Some services are related to supporting specific needs and conditions and others are for all special needs and disabilities.
How to search for information:
- Use the purple 'view all services' box on the right to see all Advice and Support services and then filter your results by age or location or
- Use the 'search for specific information' toolbar at the top of the page and enter a keyword.
- Click on one of the quick links below.
Quick links to service listings and advice and guidance:
- Parent support groups, training programmes and courses
- Local groups and national organisations supporting families.
- The Parents' Share Group for parents with children with any special educational need or disability
- Impartial support for young people and their families including the Information, Advice and Support (IAS) Service and the Independent Support programme.
- Local and national employment services offering advice and support for young people and information about volunteering
- Support for independent living
- Organisations providing aids and equipment
- Advocacy services
- Financial support, grants, benefits and discounts
- Anti-bullying and bullying support services
- Local counselling services for young people and families
- Support for carers provided through the Children and Young People Disability Service
- Help and activities for young carers and siblings of children and young people with SEN and disabilities.
- Parent forums to shape local services such as Windsor and Maidenhead's Parent Carer Council, Healthwatch and consultation forums for parents through the Children and Young People Disability Service.