Providing enjoyable experiences for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities and a regular break for parents and carers
Here you can find information about the range of short breaks available in the local area for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities including mainstream and specialist activities.
Short break services (also sometimes known as respite) aim to give:
- children or young people with special educational needs and disabilities the opportunity to spend time away from their parents/carers having enjoyable experiences and developing their independence in new environments.
parents/carers a regular, planned break from the responsibilities of caring for their children and time to recharge their batteries.
How to search for information:
- Use the purple 'view all Short Break Services' box on the right to see all services in this category and then narrow your results, for example by filtering by age or location or
- Use the 'search for specific information' toolbar at the top of the page and enter a keyword if you know the name of the service you are looking for.
- Click on one of the quick links below.
Quick links to service listings and advice and guidance:
- What are short breaks and what short breaks are provided through the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead
- The Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead's Short Break Statement
You can also contact the Children and Young People Disability Service for further information on short breaks on 01628 685878 or email CYPDS@rbwm.gov.uk.