Search for specific information

Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plans

Co-ordinated support to help meet the educational, health and care needs of children and young people aged 0-25



Most children and young people with special educational needs or disabilities will have their needs met within their local early years settings, schools or colleges or through services provided through the Local Offer. Some children and young people with more complex needs may require a needs assessment which may lead to an Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plan.

EHC Plans replaced Statements of Special Educational Needs (SEN) and Learning Difficulty Assessments (LDAs) from September 2014.

EHC Plans bring together all the support needed to help children and young people aged 0-25 improve their outcomes across education, health and care.  The plans also have a particular focus on developing life skills for adulthood to enable the young person to work and live as independently as possible.

Requests for an EHC Needs Assessment can be made by professionals, parents or young people over the age of 16.  Please contact the Children and Young People Disability Service on 01628 685878 or email if you would like to have a discussion about making a request for an EHC needs assessment. 

The request form for an EHC needs assessment can be found under 'Related Links' to the right of this page together with Guidance Booklet on the process for making a request, RBWM's EHC Plan template and a flowchart of the assessment process.


How to search for information:

  • Use the purple 'view Education, Health and Care Plan Support Services' box on the right to see all services in this category.
  • Use the 'search for specific information' toolbar at the top of the page and enter a keyword if you know the name of the service you are looking for.
  • Click on one of the quick links below.


Quick links to services and advice and guidance pages: 

Requesting a needs assessment for an EHC Plan 

The request form for an EHC needs assessment can be found under 'Related Links' to the right of this page.


Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plans 

Personal Budgets 

Annual Reviews of EHC Plans 

Advice and support for families 

Further information 


Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead SEND Partnership Strategy 

We are currently in the process of drafting our new Special Educational Needs and Disability Partnership Strategy. 

To view the proposed strategy and sumbit feedback please click here