Help for families to support a child or young person’s care needs.
Caring for a child with special educational needs or disabilities may mean that families need additional help and support at different times. We aim to provide families with help at the earliest opportunity so that any problems don't escalate into a crisis and to make sure you have the right support at the right time.
How to search for information:
- Use the purple 'view all Social Care Local Offer Services' box on the right to see all services in this category and then narrow your results, for example by filtering by age or location or
- Use the 'search for specific information' toolbar at the top of the page and enter a keyword if you know the name of the service you are looking for.
- Click on one of the quick links below.
Quick links to service listings and advice and guidance:
- Information about what to do if you have a concern a child or young person is at risk of harm or neglect or in need of early help and support (Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) and Early Help Hub).
- Social Care services and targeted interventions provided by RBWM's Children and Young People Disability Service for 0-18 year olds.
- Short Break Services for children, young people and their families and RBWM's Short Break Statement.
- Occupational Therapy Assessments and adaptations in the home.
- Support for carers including young carers
- Arrangements and support for receiving services from Adult Social Care services and preparation for adulthood.
- Sources of information and advice about Adult Social Care services and support
- Local sources of impartial information and advice available to families including the Information, Advice and Support (IAS) Service (formerly known as the Parent Partnership Service) and the Independent Support Programme and national organisations such as the Family Rights Group.
- How you can help shape local health and social care services through organisations such as Healthwatch and the Children and Young People Disability Service's consultation forums.
- Windsor and Maidenhead Local Safeguarding Children Board, which co-ordinates and monitors child protection services in the area.
- Information about the Care Act 2014 and the impact for carers.
- Maidenhead and Windsor's Innovation Project to deliver social care support.